No Contract Policy:
At Peach Group Publishing Ltd T/A Online School of English, referred to as “the school,” we do not believe in trapping students into long and/or expensive contracts. We believe in learner autonomy and freedom, especially during challenging global times. For this reason, we sell reduced-priced monthly memberships for group lessons and packets of ten 50-minute lessons for private students on a rolling basis. This means that learners can start, stop, and start again, upgrade, and downgrade their membership at any time to suit their schedules and/or finances.
Live online lesson times are stated in London time (GMT). Note that in the United Kingdom, clocks change twice a year, in spring and in autumn.
However, there are provisions in place surrounding the rules of engagement for each purchase that are binding upon the student and the school, all of which are detailed in this document.
Where underaged students are concerned, we are happy to accommodate learners between the ages of 11 and 18 with written parental consent or that of the legal guardian.
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 20 will need to furnish a government photo ID or other document (e.g. utility bill or some other record) to show legal capacity to enter into a financial agreement with the school.
Purchase and Binding Agreement:
Purchasing any of our online tutoring products represents an understanding between the parties whereby both you, “the student,” and Peach Group Publishing Ltd T/A Online School of English, “the school,” and its staff agree to honour the terms outlined in this School Policies document.
All payments must be made directly to the school by the adult student and/or the legal guardian in the case of minors between the ages of 11 and 18. No exceptions.
We, the school, are a British company bound by UK law.
We accept Visa™, MasterCard™, American Express™, UnionPay™, debit cards, wire transfers, PayPal™, and other digital forms. All card payments are processed through PayPal (Europe) Sarl et Cie, SCA. We may accept stablecoins in rare but very special circumstances evaluated case-by-case.
Students are invoiced in advance each time. We, the school, do not process automatic debits, therefore, putting the learner in control of their funds.
All contact information (emails, telephone numbers, addresses, etc.) provided by the user is used solely for the purpose of completing the order, creating and keeping an educational record, and having a contact point with the student throughout the course. This includes information pertaining to gift recipients.
Contact information is deemed confidential by the school, and it is not shared with anyone without the express consent of the student. Examples where the school will need to share the student’s information are: registering the learner for a language exam, shipping textbooks, merchandise, certificates, etc, to the student, etcetera.
Given that all payments are processed exclusively through PayPal™, the school does not retain any sensitive data regarding bank cards and/or financial details. These fall under the privacy protection guidelines established by PayPal (Europe).
Private 1:1 Lessons General Policies and ATTENDANCE Rules:
Students are given a standing (permanent) date and time for their lessons unless otherwise agreed upon. The school policies for 1:1 private lessons are as follows:
- Lessons are held via a dedicated Zoom link.
- Students have access to their online learning materials on our virtual campus (OnlineSchoolofEnglish.co.uk).
- The eBooks and eWorkbooks we use are integrated into the virtual campus. Students discontinuing their 1:1 lessons will lose access to the virtual campus but will still have access to their eBooks and eWorkbooks through the publisher’s site.
- Textbooks, workbooks, eBooks, and eWorkbooks are sold separately and cannot be returned or refunded.
- Note that all eBooks and eWorkbooks have an expiration date dictated by the publishers. We have no control over those dates, but we will inform you what these are upon registration.
- A dedicated student page shows the Zoom link, meeting dates, booking link, payments, video links, and class notes for every meeting.
- By default, lessons are recorded and held in the Zoom cloud for 60 days and are automatically deleted. The recorded lessons assist learners in reviewing their materials and/or explanations, and they serve the school for quality assurance purposes. We understand some students do not want their lessons recorded. To opt-out, students must do so in writing.
- Students must give the school a minimum of 12 hours written notice prior to cancellation without being penalised.
- Rescheduling cancelled sessions depends on your tutor’s availability.
- Students are allowed only one emergency last-minute cancellation every 30 days without penalties.
- Cancellations with less than 12 hours’ notice are billed.
- Tutors have the obligation to give students 12 hours’ notice prior to a planned absence.
- If the tutor cancels the lesson in less than 12 hours, or if the tutor experiences unforeseen technical difficulties and cannot be online at the agreed-upon time, the student is entitled to a free lesson in compensation.
- If the student is planning on an extended absence (3 weeks or longer), the standing class dates and times will not be guaranteed unless arrangements are made in advance and in writing with the school.
- Students will be periodically emailed a summary of their attendance.
- Notify us of your absences through our Contact Us page or message us via WhatsApp or Telegram.
- Private 1:1 packets are sold in bundles of 10 lessons unless negotiated otherwise. All packets, regardless of the amount, must be used within 90 days from the date of purchase.
- New students are offered 1 free lesson prior to purchase unless waived.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds. The school, however, will extend a “credit” note for the unused balance that the student can either apply towards other classes, merchandise, or even gift or transfer to another person, provided this is done in writing and with prior consent from the school.
- “Abandonment” is defined as a student who stopped his/her lessons and has allowed a period in excess of 2 months to pass without resuming classes. A student who abandons his lessons will be sent a reminder to resume classes. In the event that the learner does not wish to pursue his/her studies, the learner can transfer the balance of his/her lessons to another person. All pre-paid classes expire on the 3rd month anniversary from the original date of purchase.
- In the exceptional circumstance where a refund is warranted, we offer it only to customers who paid online using our PayPal processor. To protect everyone from potential fraudulent activities, the chargeback will be processed only to the same account where the payment originated. See the Course Cancellations and Withdrawals policy below.
Group Lessons General Policies and ATTENDANCE Rules:
Group classes are allocated a permanent weekly time and date for the live Zoom meetings. Group lessons are divided by levels from A0-C2. Students are evaluated prior to their placement in a given group. The school policies for group lessons are as follows:
- Lessons are held via a dedicated Zoom link.
- Students have access to their online learning materials on our virtual campus (OnlineSchoolofEnglish.co.uk) as long as the subscription is paid.
- The eBooks and eWorkbooks we use are integrated into the virtual campus. If a group student does not maintain the subscription, they will lose access to the virtual campus until they make a payment. However, they can still have access to their eBooks and eWorkbooks through the publisher’s site.
- Group class subscribers are entitled to discounted 1:1 lessons to support their learning, which can be booked inside their virtual class.
- Textbooks, workbooks, eBooks, and eWorkbooks are sold separately and cannot be returned or refunded.
- A dedicated class page shows the Zoom link, meeting dates, booking link, video links, and class notes for every meeting.
- All Zoom lessons are recorded and held in the Zoom cloud for 60 days and are automatically deleted. The links to the recordings are posted on the class page. The recorded lessons assist learners in reviewing their materials and/or explanations, and they serve the school for quality assurance purposes. We understand some students do not want their lessons recorded. Sadly, group students cannot opt-out, but they can turn off their video cameras if privacy is a concern. We are fine with that.
- Students who missed class cannot make it up, but they can watch the recording of the lesson they missed.
- Occasionally, a student may want to have a 1:1 session with their teacher to practise/improve a particular skill. To that effect, students can book a prepaid, discounted 1:1 session via the booking link on the class page.
- In the event that the tutor experiences unforeseen technical difficulties and cannot be online at the agreed-upon time, the entire group is entitled to a free lesson in compensation that will be credited to the subsequent monthly invoice.
- Students will be periodically emailed a summary of their attendance and progress made.
- We ask that students planning on an extended absence to notify us through our Contact Us page or message us via WhatsApp or Telegram.
- There are no contracts for the monthly group lessons. Our business model is subscription-based. Students can start, stop, and start again as often as they want.
- Group lessons are based on rolling enrolments. This means that students can start at any time without having to wait.
- Students are free to upgrade or downgrade their program at any time. Please, Contact Us for help.
- Students are billed monthly at the beginning of the month.
- To keep costs down, we do not prorate fees. If a student wants to start in the middle of the month, they will pay the full fee for that month regardless. Payment will be due again on the first day of the following month. Therefore, we encourage students to start their classes at the beginning of the month.
- Group classes have a maximum capacity of 5 learners to ensure that all students have the opportunity to participate and for overall teaching quality purposes.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds, as students are given access to the virtual campus and our resources for the paid month.
Scheduled classes are not affected by bank holidays. They will go on as planned.
The school is closed annually on Thanksgiving Day, which is the last Thursday & Friday in November, and during the Holiday Season from 23 December through 3rd January.
For General English courses, click HERE.
For Exam Preparation courses, click HERE.
All learners, without exception, are assessed in their English.
Depending on the learner’s goal and needs, the assessment can be simply an oral test or a combination of an oral and written exam.
Course Cancellations and Withdrawals:
All of our online classes are delivered live via a dedicated Zoom link. On rare occasions, the teacher may have to cancel a class. If this occurs, the school will notify the students a minimum of 24 hours prior to the session and will offer the students the option to reschedule. Should the rescheduling not be possible, the whole group will receive a credit on their next month’s tuition.
In the unforeseen event where there is a major complication, such as an internet outage in the area, for example, and the school is forced to make an announcement less than 24 hours prior to the commencement of the class, students will be offered to reschedule or skip the planned lesson until the next appointment and be given a credit on their next month’s tuition.
Student withdrawal from any course is subject to the following policies:
♣ Private 1:1 lessons: Only new students have 7 calendar days (cooling-off period) from the date of purchase to withdraw PRIOR TO the commencement of their first in order to receive a partial refund. The school will process an administrative charge of 15% of the value of the purchase plus VAT or a flat £20 fee plus VAT, whichever is less, to cover expenses incurred. All sales are final AFTER the 7-day cooling-off period, and no refunds/chargebacks are issued. This provision does not apply to existing students who are on their second packet and beyond.
♣ Group lessons: All sales are final. There is no cooling off period, and there are no refunds because students are given instant access to the virtual campus and our resources for the paid month.
♣ In very special or unique circumstances where a refund is warranted, the purchase needs to have been made through PayPal. The chargeback is processed to the same payment method used. Any extraneous costs or fees incurred by the school will be deducted from the refund. All others will be issued a school credit as described in the rules above.
♣ “Abandonment” is defined as a student who stopped his/her lessons and has allowed a period in excess of 2 months to pass without resuming classes. A student who abandons his lessons will be sent a reminder to resume classes. In the event that the learner does not wish to pursue his/her studies, the learner can transfer the balance of his/her lessons to another person. All pre-paid classes expire on the 3rd month from the original date of purchase.
Our Teachers and our methodology:
All of our teachers are Cambridge CELTA certified, have a college/university education, and are licenced to teach in either England or America. Our tutors are selected for their ability to teach, clarity in conveying their explanations, proper diction, patience, and classroom management skills. We believe in a common-sense approach to teaching where we encourage communicative skills, vocabulary development, listening and writing skills, and learner autonomy. We strive for our classes to be both engaging and practical, where the English taught is relevant to the student’s needs.
As of 2022, Online School of English offers 2 programmes:
- General English > practical English skills for everyday living. A greater emphasis is placed on spoken communication and vocabulary development.
- Exam Preparation > academic English for students seeking to take the IELTS or any of the Cambridge ESOL exams (FCE, CAE, CPE).
Contact Information of our tutors:
All our tutors work through our virtual school. Students can write to their instructor using the virtual school messaging app or through the Contact Us page. For security reasons, it is the school policy not to divulge our teacher’s personal contact information.
We work with students from all over the world. We promote respect, tolerance, and understanding of all cultures. We believe in a safe and supportive environment where education can take place. While we use a common-sense approach to our classes and dealings with our students, we stand firm in the protection of minors, human decency, and good moral values. Inappropriate behaviour, as well as abusive and/or offensive messages, whether oral or written, are subject to disciplinary actions. Depending on the severity of the act, the school reserves the right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate law enforcement offices in both England and the country of jurisdiction of the offending party.
We understand that most of our students are working professionals with very busy schedules. For this reason, homework assignments are kept to a minimum and typically arranged between the learner and the tutor. Students aren’t penalized for not completing their homework; however, we strongly recommend that learners make an effort to do at least some of the exercises before class. Homework is reviewed online during class time, regardless of whether this has been completed at home by the learners, where teachers clarify learner mistakes and answer questions.
At Online School of English, everyone gets a certificate. There are two types of certificates, depending on whether the learner has completed the course or not.
- Certificate of Completion > awarded to students who have completed all modules, the exercises, and passed all exams. The minimum global score to receive this award is 60% on the entire course. This document certifies the level achieved by the learner.
- Certificate of Attendance > awarded to students who have not completed the entirety of the course and/or who have not achieved a course passing score of 60% or more. This document states the number of hours studied at the given level per the learner’s enrolment record.
Each certificate has its unique number and QR code and can be verified through our site (“Verify Certificate” window on the right-hand side of the home page).
Formal accreditation is reserved for primary and secondary schools, colleges, and institutions of higher learning granting official certificates/diplomas/degrees recognized by the UK government. These schools, by virtue of their accreditation, can offer student loans and process student visas.
Language schools fall under a different category. There is no government requirement that mandates accreditation for this sector. Many of the larger language schools choose to become “British Council Accredited” for the sole purpose of facilitating the issuance of student visas. Applying for British Council accreditation and maintaining a membership with the organization is very expensive. This cost is passed on to the student in the form of exorbitant fees.
A certificate from a British Council-accredited school is not considered “proof of English” for immigration purposes or to study at a university in any English-speaking country. Their certificate is no better than the certificate earned at a private non-accredited language school. The UK Home Office (immigration), UK universities, and all other universities in English-speaking countries only accept the following exams as proof of English: IELTS (band 4.5 and up), Cambridge First (B2), Cambridge Advanced (C1), Cambridge Proficiency (C2), and the TOEFL.
Peach Group Publishing Ltd T/A Online School of English is a private, “boutique” online language school, and we are not accredited at this time. This means that we pass the savings to the students in the form of substantially reduced tuition fees without compromising on the quality of the learning. Any prospective employer can verify your achievement through our certificate portal on the home page of our virtual school. The school director is a professional teacher who has spent nearly four decades teaching ESL, holds multiple post-graduate degrees, and is currently working on her PhD in Education with a focus on Instructional Design and Technology. Her dedication and passion for teaching are your guarantee for a top education. All learners at Online School of English are in the best capable hands to learn English the proper way.